The red color is most associated with energy, passion and action. The color is warm and makes us think about our physical needs and our will to survive. It has strong masculine energy and can often be associated with strength and power. Its color can help arouse emotions and motivate people to act, plus this means an innovative spirit and leadership qualities, fostering ambition and determination.
The Psychology of Red Color
- Red is a bright and warm color that evokes strong emotions.
- Red color is associated with love, warmth and comfort.
- Red is also considered an intense or even angry color that creates a feeling of excitement or intensity. Think about how red is used in the language: redneck, red-hot, red-handed, color the city red, seeing red color.
- It is associated with energy, war, danger, strength, power, determination, as well as passion, desire and love.
- It enhances human metabolism, increases respiratory rate and increases blood pressure.
- It attracts more attention than any other color, sometimes dangerous.
Life and Love
It is symbolic that red can be associated with life and passion, as well as with the bonds of romantic and familiar love. It is often used in romantic gifts, such as Valentine’s Day, and for expressing love, for example, giving red roses.
Given that it attracts attention, it is easy to see why it is used so often in warning signs. Red is related to the reaction of the body to fight or flight, so too much red leaves a person with a feeling of not only alertness, but also stress.
Your Personality if Red is Your Favorite Color
- You have a high level of physical energy, you are probably into athletic and exercise and take care of your body.
- You have a strong desire to win and be the best, very competitive and ambitious.
- You are a passionate person.
- You struggle with the expectation of something, the impatient, instant desire for something, often yielding to instant gratification.
- You are often impulsive, often act before you think, relying heavily on your intuition and gut instincts.
- You love to travel, explore the physical world and seek physical experience.
- You have little attention, you are always looking for new challenges.
- You like to control things or people and strive for power over your life or power in general.
- You want to be the center of attention, and you often get this attention because of your attraction and energy which is attractive to people.
- You can easily get angry and become aggressive, this is a negative that can occur due to a high level of physical energy and impulsiveness.
The Positive and Negative Sides of Red Color
In general, red has both positive and negative meanings. The positive side is that it represents love, activity, energy, attention and strength. The disadvantage is aggression, domination, which inspires fear, danger and stress. It is a very simple and important color, but should be used with care.
There are different shades of red that can also represent different feelings. Burgundy has a dark blue hue mixed with red, and often indicates control and deliberate action when the burgundy has a dark purple hue with red and is known to be more complex and serious, and also less energetic color out of all the reds. Crimson has very little blue in it and indicated determination to succeed, but there is a note that he does not upset people. Raspberry can also radiate sensuality. Scarlet has an orange mixed with red to give it richness and brightness. Color can stimulate enthusiasm and love of life. It is a fun loving color and a little less intense than real red.