The color psychology suggests that different colors can affect our mood, feelings, and even behavior. The color pink, for example, is considered a soothing color associated with love, kindness and femininity.
The Psychology of Pink color
There are several points to note about the psychology of pink color:
- Pink color is essentially a light red and is usually associated with love and romance.
- Pink color is believed to have a calming effect. One shade known as “drunk-tank pink” is sometimes used in prisons to reassure prisoners.
- Sports teams sometimes paint the opponent’s wardrobe pink, so that players remain passive and less energetic.
- While a pink color soothing effect has been demonstrated, researchers in the field of color psychology have found that this effect only occurs during the initial exposure to color. When used in prisons, prisoners often become even more agitated after getting used to color.
- Pink color is often described as a female color, probably due in large part to the associations that people form in early childhood. Toys for girls are usually pink and purple, and for boys, red, yellow, green or blue.
- Because color is so strongly associated with femininity, sometimes people associate color with qualities that are often considered feminine, such as gentleness, kindness, nurturing, and compassion.
In the western world, pink color is mostly feminine. Many products for women and girls often use pink color to indicate the gender they are targeting. However, this strong separation has not always been so and is not universal. In other cultures, such as Japan, pink is associated with masculine traits.
Like red, pink color is related to love. Although red is passion, pink means tenderness. It is a love focused on being intimate with each other, thoughtful and careful. It is a color that represents a gentle type of love. It is associated with nurturing, therefore it is used not only for romantic love, but also for famous love.
What Does it Mean to Wear Pink Color?
Wearing pink color could be a sign of a need to express themselves and one’s femininity, perhaps looking for attention with more extrovert entertainment, looking for a personality type. Perhaps an intuitive person who does not pay much attention to the opinions of other people and who is not very interested in observing social norms. Probably an impulsive person who often acts before thinking.
These days, many men wear pink color shirts. Now it is considered fashionable and modern. It would suggests that someone pays attention to trends and fashion. It shows that someone pays attention to what is happening around them, extroverted with great interest in how others perceive them.
If Your Favorite Color is Pink, What is Your Personality?
- Your emotions are strong, you feel the feelings of other people, but your own feelings are easily offended.
- You have strong female traits, very girlish, sometimes it can look innocent, but also immature.
- You are optimistic and easily excitable, again this can sometimes seem immature.
- You are friendly with new people, and you are happy to communicate with almost everyone.
- You have idealistic views of romance and love, you love classic love stories.
- You are not a very practical or analytical person.
Pink is the official color for little girls, its represents sugar and spices, and everything nice. Pink color is the sweet side of red color. While red color causes passion, aggression and action, a large amount of pink color can cause physical weakness.