How does the color blue make you feel? People have long believed that specific colors can cause different moods and feelings, and some studies support the idea that colors can have a psychological effect.
Blue is a color commonly found in nature, for example, pale blue in the daytime sky or saturated dark blue in a deep body of water. For this reason, people can often describe blue as calm and serene. However, blue can sometimes look icy, distant, or even cold.
The Psychology of Color Blue
According to Color Psychology:
- Blue is described as a favorite color by many people and is the color most preferred by men.
- As many people prefer blue, it is often considered a non-threatening color that can look conservative and traditional.
- Blue recalls feelings of calm or serenity. It is often called gentle, peaceful, safe and orderly.
- Blue is often seen as a sign of stability and reliability. Companies that want to project an image of security often use blue in their advertising and marketing efforts.
- Blue can also cause feelings of sadness or fear. Think about how a picture that is very different from a blue one, for example, Picasso’s painting during his “blue period”, may seem so lonely, sad or forlorn.
- Blue is often used to decorate an office because studies show that people are more productive in blue rooms.
- Blue can also lower heart rate and body temperature.
What is Your Personality if Blue is Your Favorite Color?
- Honest, sincere, trustful and trustworthy, you have a strong desire to trust others.
- You spend a lot of time thinking, thinking, before acting, and not spontaneously or impulsively.
- You take your responsibilities very seriously.
- Enjoy quiet moments and spend time alone to reflect on the events of the day.
- You have excellent knowledge in areas of interest, but your knowledge base may be narrow or limited.
- You usually have a right sound mind without a lot of emotions, but when your feelings come into play, it can be challenging to control.
- You prefer to be in the back rather than paying attention to yourself.
- You like things to be neat and organized, everything in its place.
- You are friendly, but you are most comfortable in the company of close friends.
- A lot of time is spent thinking about the past, and you are a sentimental person.
Blue is one of the most popular colors, but it is one of the least appetizing. Some weight loss plans even recommend eating a blue dish. Blue is rarely found in food except for blueberries and some plums. Besides, people focus on avoiding poisonous foods, and blue in the diet is often a sign of spoilage or poison.